What an amazing day it was at The Pavo Real! We raised a record-breaking, incredible 2865€.
This year we had more dogs registered than ever before and our Park and Ride, to and from the helipad, proved to be extremely popular. Our side shows were all a great success and we plan to have even more next year!
We'd like to thank everyone who came and supported us on the day and all who were involved in making it such a fantastic event. We hope you enjoy the photos taken by Sally Murrell, on the adjoining page.
The following people deserve special thanks:
The Pavo Real and staff.
Our team on the day: Alison, Beth, Freya, Geoff, Hazel, Helen, Janice, Kim, Lidy, Liz, Meadow, Megan, Paula, Phil, Roy, Sally, Sandiey and Steven.
John Etheridge who organised the Park and Ride system and Kevin Deavin for selling vast quantities of raffle tickets.
The judges, Vero, Ines, Mine and Jacob.
Everyone who sponsored trophies, especially our main sponsors astra2tv and all who gave raffle and auction prizes or made cakes for us to sell.
Very special thanks to the Cómpeta couple, wishing to remain anonymous, who donated a week's takings from their villa rental.
We'd also like to thank Grapevine Magazine and Jane Kirk at Digame for advertising.
Here's the full list of winners:
Winners list Scruffs 2014
1.Best Pedigree over one year (Male and Female) – Blasa owned by Kim
2. Best Non – Pedigree over one year (Male and Female) - Punta owned by Jutta
3. Best Puppy (Male and Female) – Ginny owned by Carly
4. Best fancy Dress (Dog and Owner) – Poncho owned by Rebbie
5. Best 6 legs (Dog and Owner) – Dexter owned by Jeremy
6. Best Rescue Dog (Pedigree and Non pedigree) – Bobby owned by John
7. Best Rescue Bitch (Pedigree and Non-pedigree) – Vicky owned by John
8. Best Child Handler and Dog – Nubie owned by Samantha
9. Dog the Judges want to take home - Scott owned by Sean
10. Waggiest Tail – Bruno owned by Megan
11. Scruffiest Mutt – Poncho owned by Rebbie
12. Prettiest Eyes - Hope owned by Martin
BEST IN SHOW - Blasa owned by Kim
We look forward to seeing you all again next year!
Action for Animals Charity Shop, Avenida de la Constitución 59, Cómpeta.
Opening hours: 10.00-14.00 Monday to Friday and 10.00-13.30 Saturday.